Wednesday, June 20, 2007

jp's 'B'

Heavenly Father give me the strength and patience as well as the right words the next time I see 'mean kid'. 'Mean kid' is lacking in adult supervision and therefore a strong role model. While I am so eager to tell 'mean kid' what I think about their actions, I am willing to control my hurt and anger to hopefully say the right thing to make a difference in 'mean kids' life. I pray for JP's broken heart and hurt feelings. I pray that he will come away from this 'mean kid' experience knowing it is better to be kind even when faced with such hatefullness. In Your precious Son's name I pray. AMEN.


OK I have prayed and also cleaned which has made me feel better. I witnessed what every mama hates to see. 2 kids purposely shunning another. I know sounds ridiculous....why would I be so upset over this. Well let me tell ya! 'Mean kid' turns other kids temporarily mean when they are with them. So we have 2 against one. The 2 did not want to play with my 1. Not a big deal, just use your words and say, "Sorry JP we don't want to play today" NO, instead as my son is trying to talk to them. Also let me remind you he is a visual talker...he wants to see your face. So he is trying to talk to them and they are walking fast from one house to the next, then they start to run, so he starts to run and then 'mean kid' SLAMS the door in Jp's FACE. That is right.

So now not only is my boy shunned he is also injured! I need strength and wisdom!

6 comments:

Celeste said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shelley said...

i'm so sorry for justice! that is SO hard. i remember being "shunned" by mean kids in my neighboorhood growing up. when i got to highschool (the first time i was in the same school as them because they were older) and they were nice to me, i was so confused. i had them pegged as mean kids, but i guess they grew up. you might tell justice that, that they will someday figure out that being mean isn't much fun. it won't make it better, but it might help a little.

Celeste said...

There is a great article in this month's MOMSense about bullies

Janelle said...

Mommyhood is hard...especially when you watch your child hurt or struggle.

Alana said...

Sorry to hear about that. Just try to remember you have a nice kid just a couple streets back.

Janelle said...

or a phone call away!