Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Crying over spilt milk...

Forgive me for I am about to rant.

I was the stressed out mom that made a scene at Country Mart today. But it is ok, because I will NEVER step foot in that store or chain again. I am a consumer and I have OPTIONS. Cheaper options in fact. More organized options. Fresher options. Quality options. Non-expired options. Friendlier options.

Now I do not have an option for community cash, which is the primary reason I shopped there. Afterall I do want my son's class to win several of the pizza parties.

LIGHTBULB! I could just donate $1 for every $25 I spend in groceries to the school. And then at least when I am SUPPOSED to recieve $3 in community cash I will ACTUALLY receive it.

ANOTHER LIGHTBULB! When wise, smart 6 year old tells you to go to the grocery store BEFORE picking him up...LISTEN TO HIM! Seriously right after school I and the children are HIGHLY STRESSED.

THIRD LIGHTBULB! When very very wise 6 year old says, "Mom we should really just use our hands not a cart" LISTEN TO HIM!!! We only went for pudding for an experiment.

FOURTH LIGHTBULB! When extremely smart, observant, and helpful 6 year old says "mom I really think our milk is leaking" LISTEN TO HIM!!!! DO NOT LEAVE STORE WITHOUT THOROUGH INVESTIGATION!!!

Now our milk was NOT leaking when I put it in my cart...I watch for these things. I know you cannot shop Country Mart quickly. You must do the following on EVERY SINGLE ITEM:

-check for open package
-check expiration date (seriously you would be scared to know how much OLD stuff is on their shelf...clearly they missed the LIFO FIFO discussion in economics)
-look for labels on top of labels on meat
-check eggs
-bread ALWAYS has holes in it...run hand all over package
-Milk...do not get crusty milk or leaky or close in date
-check for MOLD--oh yes

When I put our milk on the conveyor belt I ASSUMED we were good to go. Apparently between the belt, scanning, and bagging a hole developed. JP pointed out puddle under the baggers feet. SERIOUSLY under her oblivious feet. So we were already paid, already said no to the help out and were walking away and I stopped. I took our milk out of the bags and they looked normal....Normal amount of moisture. No puddle in sack so I decided it must have been the cart. The bagger gave us a new cart when we were checking out. So off to the car we go.

It is HOT today. I load kids and then groceries into car and I am placing milk in last when SERIOUSLY if one of MY milks isn't SPEWING MILK all over the bag it is in. I'M MAD!

OK think. Groceries will not last in car. Kids cannot stay in car. I WILL NOT take groceries and kids ALL back out. Hmmmm...Pull in little load area and let JP take milk into incompetent bagger. Piece of Cake. That check out was within eyesight of the load area. This will work.

JP, what a good boy, goes in and explains to bagger he needs a new milk because this one is bad. A 6 year old. Do ya think she could just go grab a milk or get another person to go grab the milk no she sends the 6 year old to the service desk LINE. It gets flustered and comes running out.

So I went in and looked at the service desk LINE of 4-5 people. OH NO I AM NOT WAITING IN THAT. If I had to wait in that line I was seriously unloading the groceries and RETURNING THEM all $86. I looked at the line and looked at the bagger and firmly said, "You need to get me another Milk" She points to the service desk. "NO...I cannot wait in that line I have kids and groceries in the car. You NEED to get me another milk. It was not leaking until you bagged it."

With that she went off to get my milk, which I am almost afraid to drink because I am sure it is probably spoiled or tainted in some manner. At this point I walked to the doorway and stood waiting so I was within arm's reach of my car. A couple passerby's supported my effort except one old lady who hobbled past me and stated "you could have been nicer"

Now I am ready to cry.

Yes I probably could have been nicer, but I am TIRED of giving my HARD earned money to ungrateful unhelpful people. WHY DIDN'T THAT BAGGER HELP ME WHEN I WAS OBVIOUSLY SEARCHING FOR A LEAKING MILK 1 SECOND AFTER SHE GAVE ME MY CART. I STOOD THERE TEARING MY CART APART FOR A GOOD SOLID 2 MINUTES.

Maybe my words were harsh and I will remember this situation because I am sure it will not be the last time I am faced with incompetence in the marketplace.

Oh how I cannot wait for the Supercenter to open...

4 comments:

Alana said...

So sorry! Put a little chocolate in that milk...it'll make you feel better!

Janelle said...

I see a hot bath in your future.

Rochelle said...

What a wise 6 year old! And I think chocolate added to any bad day is a good thing. :)

shelley said...

I just threw away a 2 day old loaf of bread from target because it was moldy. I guess pretty much everywhere has problems!