Thursday, August 30, 2007

Frugal or Environmentally friendly...you decide

This summer I chose to raise the temperature on our thermostat.

Now normally I keep the house at 73 degrees in the summer. I like it cold when I sleep so I can bundle with lots of blankets. If I am not sleeping then you know I am on the move...always. So cool to cold is perfect for our family.

When I heard the US Govt recommends we keep our thermostat at 78 degrees in the summer I thought, "are they crazy?" That just seemed TOO HOT! Apparently that 5 little degrees really makes a difference in the world.

So slowly I moved us to 78. It really is not too bad. If I do get warm I just go downstairs where it is ARCTIC and I play or clean there. The kids do not seem to be too bothered by the difference either.

This morning I went in to check on AJ and she was not in her bed. PANIC. She had not been in our bed...where is she? Lo and behold she was on the floor, sound asleep--ON THE AC VENT.

Poor thing. Apparently she is tolerant and resourceful because she had never complained to me about being hot!

3 comments:

shelley said...

Ok, that is TOO funny! Poor thing! I'd be down there with her though, I'm usually freezing everyone out of our house!

Alana said...

Smart girl!

Janelle said...

78 sounds like a nightmare. Sorry, I just don't think I could do it. I would be hogging the A/C with AJ.

So funny! I am sure you had a good laugh.