Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Recall Recall

I just finished checking out the recall list for mattel. If you haven't looked at go now.... www.mattel.com

Of course it affects several of our toys. So I filled out the form to begin the return process. If you return the bad products to them, they will send you a toy voucher for a new toy.

Sounds fair...right?

NOT SO MUCH!!!!

if you read the fine print it says: vouchers are accepted at most large retailers. And this is the real big one that irks me-- voucher will be valid o n any mattel toy for that value, BUT not a licensed toy!

NOW EXCUSE ME, but all the affected toys I have ARE licensed. If I am returning a DORA toy I WANT ANOTHER DORA TOY!!! Wouldn't you?

I am so not happy about this recall because now I have the entire castle set that Target so fabulously had on clearance. So I bought every piece that went with it for Ave's Christmas gift. Now I will not have any of the people that go with the castle and all its furniture. Should I return it or take the gamble that there will be some royal dora figures coming out soon? Hmmm.....?

4 comments:

Alana said...

Thanks for the info, Jen. It kind of makes me wonder if those toys were on clearance for a reason?

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I need to check this out! Thanks for the tip!

Celeste said...

I would go for a China free Christmas!!

michelle said...

Thanks Jen!