Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thursday 13

13 things we bought for "back to school"

1. crayons
2. pencils
3. big 'pink' erasers
4. safety scissors
5. white school glue
6. composition book
7. camo backpack with LOTs of pockets
8. lunch box to match the new back pack
9. no show socks..1 size too small because the boy is picky on his socks
10. sports shirts--a new favorite
11. sports shorts--he is so all about only sports clothes
12. shoes--white K Swiss, 2 sport athletic shoes...1 ties, 1 slips on My how his feet grow!
13. Abercrombie COLOGNE--this one made me laugh, but he insisted!


13 things I pray for "back to school"

1. I pray for AJ because I know it will be hard for her to say goodbye to her bub for half the day.
2. I pray for JP's teacher.
3. I pray for her to be the right person for him.
4. I pray that she is a christian with a kind heart.
5. I pray that she will see his strengths and weaknesses and know how to use them to make him grow.
6. I pray that he is surrounded by great kids. Kids that have kind hearts and great families.
7. I pray that if he is not with great kids that JP will be able to show them why it is 'cool' to be a 'great' kid.
8. I pray that he will be in the same wing as many of his friends.
9. I pray that he will have a great person to sit next to at lunch.
10. I pray that he will handle the little girl admirers in a kind way.
11. I pray that 1st grade is a great and memorable experience, the same way kindergarten was.
12. I pray that he will become more involved in class room discussion.
13. I pray that I can trust whole heartedly the path for my son has been chosen by the One who knows my son best.

3 comments:

shelley said...

What a great post! My mind has been consumed with thoughts about kindergarten today. . .what's the perfect backpack, do we need a clip on lunch bag or one that fits inside the backpack, we need a "nap" towell, we need to call the teacher, we need. . .I have a headache! I have way more questions than answers, but I think the best thing for me right now is just to PRAY. I need to let go of the "picture" of what it should be and just let it happen. Thanks for a good read!

Alana said...

Sounds like you're well prepared!

dawn said...

That's a lot of shoes!

Thanks for the reminder of what I should be praying for...

I am glad he will smell good for first grade.