Sunday, September 30, 2007

Husband of Dreams

My husband is the type of guy that "if you want it bulit, it will be built". He is such a handy guy and because of that saves us a TON of money. He can change oil, rotate tires, do brakes and rotors, build things, paint things, etc etc etc. HE ROCKS!

He is teaching our son to be handy too. Today JP wanted to build a clubhouse, so after 1 hour a bit of sweat and absolutely $0 spent....a clubhouse was done.

DONE I tell ya!

5 minutes latter 4 neighbor kids were all ooing and aahing at the clubhouse complete with mailbox.

Now many of you are thinking: clubhouse? That boy already has a clubhouse---the pirate ship.

Yes, last summer my son had a dream of having a pirate ship in the back yard. So my husband built it...in one afternoon and for $0. Yep, he rocks!

The best part of this clubhouse today is that it shows JP how to build things and build things with supplies you already have. So someday when JP's wife says "can you build me a bookcase by friday"

He will say "Yes, dear." Just like he daddy did for me a few short weeks ago!

Love ya babe!

Here is a fun Meme on husbands. I tag any of you who would like to participate!

1. Who is your man? Aaron P
2. How long have you been together? 9 years--married 8 years in 2 months
3. How long did you date? We dated for 7 months before we got engaged.
4. How old is your man? 28 ...13 days younger than me!
5. Who eats more? I probably do, but Aaron can pack it in when he is REALLY hungry
6. Who said "I love you" first? hmmm? i don't know
7. Who is taller? He is by around 4 inches or so
8. Who sings better? I guess me, but just because I'll actually do it.
9. Who is smarter? Hmmmm.
10. Whose temper is worse? Definitely mine. Aaron is the most even-tempered person I know. 11. Who does the laundry? I do.
12. Who takes out the garbage? Aaron.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does.
14. Who pays the bills? me
15. Who is better with the computer? Me
16. Who mows the lawn? Aaron and he looks soooo good with his shirt off mowing!
17. Who cooks dinner? I cook he does dishes...We make a great kitchen team.
18. Who drives when you are together? Aaron
19. Who pays when you go out? Aaron...it is all the same though
20. Who is most stubborn? Me
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Aaron
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine, they live 2 doors down and we work with them.
23. Who kissed who first? Aaron kissed me first...on the hand in the 7th grade :)
24. Who asked who out? I guess I did. I was back early from winter break at Baylor and he was in Dallas and I called him up to see if he wanted to catch up when I was in Dallas for the weekend and voila a first date was born.
25. Who proposed? He proposed to me at Devils Pool over a beautiful dinner June 12 1999.
26. Who is more sensitive? hmmm probably me.
27. Who has more friends? Me.
28. Who has more siblings? Aaron--2 bros 1 sis ME- 1 sis
29. Who wears the pants in the family? hmmm i don't know. probably me???

6 comments:

Janelle said...

Aaron is one of the nicest guys I know. Great list.

I didn't realize his bday was in December. Why did I not know that?

shelley said...

Hey! We went to Devil's Pool the night we got engaged too! Did I know that? If so, I forgot!

Celeste said...

Handy men are so great!

Alana said...

Aaron is a great guy!

That was a fun Meme. I might have to try it!!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Fun post! I am impressed with his skills. My hubby has many skills, but he is not handy! :)

Sherri said...

My husband is the same way. It sometimes amazes me what he figures out on his own. He build our house deck and pool deck. He put in our ceramic tile and wood floors. I could go on and on.
Our youngest son loves to help him and will, I think, turn out just like him. My dad was the same way. I always knew that I wanted to marry someone like him!