Monday, September 17, 2007

Sidetracked

You know how as a mom, you have to be able to multi-task?

I am great at multi-tasking.

I can watch gymnastics while working an order for the giftshop AND talking within 3 separate conversations.

I can watch soccer practice while paying attention to 3 sweet little girls and chatting with my friends all the while a poor boy turns sick right before our eyes.

I can watch football practice chatting with a friend on the playground while watching 3 little girls chase each other, accept a phone call about an outhouse and reprimand a child who is not mine.

I can make dinner while bathing 2 children, administering a spelling test, listening to a message about an outhouse, penciling in 2 separate birthday parties, returning 2 phone calls, and while running in between the bathroom and kitchen I shot 2 loads of laundry in the dryer and the washer.

I can....wait the washer!

Yep I was washing a load of NOTHING! Well actually there was the plastic lid from the detergent bottle and now it is squeky clean!

I am capable of doing a million things at once...just not perfectly.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Thanks for watching my girl while my boy got sick. There goes Perfect Attendance! :)

Alana said...

Yes, Mommy's are queens of multi-tasking. Sometimes the detergent lid needs cleaned, too!

shelley said...

Hmmm, you CANNOT, however, carry on a conversation with a waiter and one other friend, and keep another friends baby from pulling said friends lunch off the table and onto the floor! OK, I had to tease you one more time! Love ya!

JP's MOM said...

Shelley...I must treat you to Chili's one day without children, so you can safely eat the yummy sandwich! :)