Monday, October 1, 2007

Dearest Mother Nature,

Oh, dearest mother nature...

I am writing you in regards to the weather. I wanted to make sure that you are aware that it is indeed October 1st. You may be unaware of the date, seeing as how it was 80+ degrees today. That is Fahrenheit by the way, not Celsius!

While I do enjoy the great outdoors, I do not enjoy a stuffed closet. That is right my closets are crammed with summer clothes and fall clothes, although I am not sure we will get to wear those adorable new fall clothes before the children out grow them!

Please Please mother nature will you adjust our current temperatures to more autumn appropriate? My children are going to look real funny going to the pumpkin patch in bathing suits!

If you would be so willing to oblige, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Sweatin' in MidAmerica

7 comments:

Janelle said...

Funny! I felt weird about flip flops on October 1st. But I did it anyway.

Alana said...

Yes, please...cooler weather! I am SOOO ready for fall!

shelley said...

I too am ready for jackets and crunchy leaves!!!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

It is so unseasonably warm here too, but I will be wishing for it when it is 30! :)

Celeste said...

I'm enjoying not having to layer on the clothes/jackets/hats/gloves to go to Target!

Sherri said...

I really hope she listens to you. I was so excited when the weather turned cool, then suddenly, it was as if it never happened. It has been so HOT here...nearing the 90's again today and so humid. I'M SICK OF IT...GO AWAY SUMMER!!!

Sarah Markley said...

I found you through Alana, Yes...we live in Southern California and its been above 80 all week. We pretty much sweat our way through the pumpkin patch yesterday and I've been running the AC with the candle on. Go figure!