Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Thunk...

In the spirit of confessions from my good friend shelley, I must tell you about a recent message I received.


The other day I received a message from God in the form of a giant soccer ball hurtling a million miles an hour towards my head....HEADS UP!!!!


So I duck and shield AJ's head as well, BUT failed to move my right hand which was holding my camera with BIG lens.



THUNK!!! expensive lens broken.



Now for those of you that know me, you know that I ALWAYS have my camera with me. It has been said before that I have 3 children: JP, AJ, and little Canon.



It is my most prized possesion, that is until Saturday when I was quickly reminded that it was just a material object.

You see just 45 minutes prior to the "flame soccerball" (seriously) hurtling from the sky, I used hurtful words towards my husband out of frustration and anger. All on a day that I had clearly overscheduled us for.

The very second that ball hit my camera I knew immediately 'why me'. Of course I was upset about it and quite frankly just needed some time to cry.

Never again shall I schedule cupcake baking, husband working, soccer game playing, popcorn selling, wife working, birthday party going, black pant shopping, children packing for sleepover, and 10 year class reunion going...all on the same DAY.

It is too much.

More importantly I apologize to my husband who I know was hurt by my careless and thoughtless words. I love you very much and deeply regret my actions.

Heavenly Father, I pray that I can be cautious with my words both with my husband and my children. Especially AJ who has been trying my patience lately with her tempers. Father please give me encouraging words to use in those tough mommy moments. Also give me the strength to remain patient with AJ during her tempers. I know it is all just a show for me, help me to not give in to her 3 year old ways. in your precious sons name I pray.

AMEN.


5 comments:

Alana said...

Great post, Jen. We all have those moments. I'm sure all is already forgiven!

"If all else fails, you could sell all your possessions and move far, far away from everything and everyone."

Actually, you don't have to do it, you can just say it. And then schedule and keep a Webber Family Day of Rest. It will do wonders for ya!

Janelle said...

I love your honesty with this post. Thanks for reminding us that life is not always perfect. Sometimes it takes a big THUNK to realize that we are not the one in control.

Sorry about your lens, though. That is a major bummer.

shelley said...

I too am sorry about your lens. Sometimes we all need reminders, and a little help with our patience. I have SO much empathy for your situation with AJ. Those 3 year old tantrums can be killer. Hang in there...Ellie only throws one every few days now...and it only took us 2 years to get to that point!

dawn said...

I feel for you, Jen. We have all been there when our mouths get the best of us. My kids have a neat book of rhymes that go with bible verses and one that I am always reminded of is..."Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips."
Psalm 141:3

I cannot tell you how many times I have to recite this verse to myself.

Another one that give me hope is...
"If you, O lord, kept a record of sins, O lord, who could stand? But with you, there is forgiveness." Psalm 130:3-4

michelle said...

Thanks for sharing your heart with us! This is a great reminder for me as well! Sorry about Little Canon!