Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Trash Man...I mean Sanitation Worker

Recently JP was awarded Team Leader at school. This is a title that is given to a student who demonstrates the core examples of the character education. The character traits are: respect, responsibility, citizenship, compassion/kindness, commitment, honesty, cooperation, perserverance, and self-discipline. If your school does not have this program you should definitely look into getting it implemented.

He takes school so incredibily seriously that it is possible he may end of with an ulcer by 6th grade.

So yesterday when he leaped from the car the very second I put it into park, I was not really shocked at all.

You see as he leaped he shouted, "A team leader always picks up trash."

I thinking, "what?"

And then I look to see him running over to the neighbor's yard to retreive a milk jug that had escaped the trash on the blustery day.

Really I thought how weird he is, but clearly the character education is AMAZING. I mean if we all stopped and reacted like that think how awesome this country would be....

Not to mention how clean :)

5 comments:

Janelle said...

It really would be a better place. First Place is awesome!

shelley said...

I love the character development. It's so good that our schools are focusing on the mental part of education, and also the social part. Good for JP for being a good citizen!

Pam said...

I LOVE the Character program!

Alana said...

Love the sippy cup idea...would buy it! Sorry, I'm trying to catch up on all the posts in one comment. Otherwise, my family might go hungry for weeks!

Also love the character program. Good stuff!

Tell JP he is welcome to come to my house to pick up trash anytime ;-)

Sherri said...

It's amazing how a child will respond to a little trust and responsibility!