Thursday, November 15, 2007

Reality Check confessions

First and Foremost...a warning.

I am about to spill my guts, so please support me.

OK now here goes:

Are you watching Oprah right now?

It is about a 3000 square foot house with 75 tons of STUFF! It was unbelievable! For my local bloggers seriously you gotta watch it on the CW at 9pm tonight!


It kinda freaks me out that it is so easy to spin out of control for the number of THINGS we have.

They talked about the NEED for limits.

So true. so true.

Clearly most of you know I AM a shopaholic. I CAN'T PASS UP A BARGAIN.

Or maybe I should say I COULDN'T.

I had a reality check the other day when I realized it was almost the end of Nov and my son has not repeated an outfit to school.

I know COMPLETELY rediculous! First of all, I know clearly I am strange that I rotate the clothing in order of wearing. Second, I know it is EXCESSIVE.

I am really trying to limit the clothing in our home. I actually just returned 3 bags of clothing to various stores. Shockingly I didn't purchase anything while returning! AJ has way less clothes than ever...and I am so proud of that. JP on the other hand still has enough shirts to make it through a few more months, BUT I have quit buying him shirts...yea!

Also the "gift closet" will be shutting down to more of a "gift shelf" after Christmas.

Yes I had an entire walk in closet for gifts...

And yes it was OVER FLOWING.

So be prepared girls...gasp...you will be seeing AJ wearing the same outfit repeatedly!

10 comments:

shelley said...

First off, I'm dying to know if you came home last night to a spakling house that smelled like Christmas, and had twinkling Christmas trees! If so, GO HUBBY! I turned on Oprah about 15 minutes into the show, and I was ASTOUNDED! I ended up TIVOing the rest, and I plan to watch it tonight. Good for you for paring down a little, keep up the good work!

Sherri said...

I'm still trying to comprehend not repeating an outfit by the middle of Nov....does that include pants too?!? Wow!

Celeste said...

Good for you! It's so hard to pass up a good deal. I think you, Janelle and me could never spend a penny on our children and they would still have too much! They are way too blessed! I'm preparing for Elle's birthday followed by Christmas, it's overload of stuff at our house!

Alana said...

Good for you, Jen! You can do it. I've had thoughts lately (due to excess laundry) of pairing everyone down to 7 outfits total (one for each day of the week). I know it is extreme and I doubt that I would actually do it, but think how freeing it would be to have so little laundry!

Janelle said...

I am shaking my head at the amount of clothes JP has. Never repeated? Well, at least this is a confession which is the first step to help.

Be strong!

JP's MOM said...

The house was 'cleaner', but Aaron just doesn't get the same giddy joy at a twinkling Christmas tree...I love to sit in the dark and just stare at the tree.

Sherri--pants are definitely repeated, just not shirts or sweaters. Crazy. I know.

:)

Carissa said...

girl...i am so proud of you. that post took GUTS! i am not terribly familiar with hoarding but i am familiar with conviction. and i love that you felt it and then had the guts to share it! i'm inspired! thanks!

michelle said...

I'm proud of you also Jen! Thanks for sharing from your heart! I'll have to watch the show at Shelley's. I know we have more stuff than we need at our house also.

dawn said...

Jen-admission is the first step.
Hee Hee.

Girl, I am proud of you. It is hard to share your struggles and weaknesses. You have a tender heart and I know that God is gonna use this to grow you and mold you...just like he is doing for all of us.

Pam said...

Way to go Jen. I agree that took courage to share, but that's what I love about blog world. You can do it!