Thursday, December 13, 2007

Get me out of Fast Forward....

The sheer panic has set in.

I am freaking out.

There are 12 days till Christmas.

12 days.

Ok now you are probably freaking out too.

If you live near me grab a piece of chocolate and a paper bag and find me, I NEED YOU!

Seriously what has happened with time? I feel like I am stuck in fast forward. I don't know what has happened with the last month. All my grand Christmas events have not happened and the wheather is really hindering them from occuring now.

Now who is the fool for falling for the 'wait till December' to do Christmas stuff. I AM!

It is December 13 and my son has not given his 'list' to Santa. We have not been to SDC to see him.

It is December 13 and we have not driven around town looking at Christmas lights.

It is December 13 and *shock* I have not had professional pics taken of the kids.

It is Decemberr 13 and I have not developed pictures from my camera since October 1st.

It is December 13 and I have not made my Christmas card. Haven't even chosen the idea or pictures.

It is December 13 and I have not finished wrapping and shipping out of town gifts. Maybe I will call them New Years gifts.

It is December 13 and I have not assembled the goody bags for the school party tomorrow.

The good news is that I work fabulous under pressure, or so my husband reminded me last night as I stood over the kitchen counter eating dinner, while sorting photos. Because when you are already behind you might as well sort 1 years worth of photos into order and spend 3 nights putting them into albums. I used to have the best photo system and organization, until I went digital. Remember all those photos ya'll used to receive???

7 comments:

shelley said...

Take a DEEP BREATH, and remember that your hubby is right, you do work great under pressure, in fact, you THRIVE on it! And don't worry too much about the cards, if you hadn't noticed, NONE of our group has sent then yet! There's a great Santa at the Landing, if you can't make it to the City, and the Christmas lights will be up through New Year's! So relax, and then get going!

dawn said...

Good Grief, Charlie Brown.

J-don't mske it worse by trying to fit everything in. Just do what needs to be done and enjoy the season. If you don't take time to relax, it will pass you by and you will not have enjoyed one minute of it.

Don't give in to the pressure of doing things just because you have always done them or because they are expected. Do what is best for your family.

You are so good at that and the rest will fall into place naturally.

Carissa said...

or you could just do what i am doing this year and IGNORE all you have to do until the VERY LAST MINUTE. i won't be able to tell you how it worked out for me until after the holidays but right this second it seems to be going pretty well.

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I have a friend who sends New Year's cards. You could always do that! That will buy you an extra week!

Good luck!

Janelle said...

Take a deep breath and realize that you are done shopping. The biggest stressor is over for you. Shopping is the hard part. Everything else is the icing on the cake! ENJOY the season.

Alana said...

I was going to share the same advice as Dawn did. Pick the things you can't live with out and let the rest go so you can truly enjoy the rest of the season!

It is a blessed one!

Celeste said...

You think you're bad?!

As I was reading your post I kept seeing December 13th, and having a feeling it meant something.

It's 4:16pm and I JUST realized it's our wedding anniversary! Imagine everything else I've forgotten!

I'm sure your in great shape compared to most of us!