Monday, December 3, 2007

Where's my blankie?

There are 3 little words you never want to hear after you have spent 2+ hours shopping in a mall 9 hours from home....

Where's my blankie?

WHAT?!

For more than 3 years I have kept up with that silly beloved super soft and silky pink blankie, and in one evening in the windy city I lose it!?

NO...that is just unacceptable. We only went to about 4 stores and only walked one hallway of the mall...we will find it.

So back through the traffic, frantically calling any of the stores we made purchases at to see if they had 'blankie'. No one had seen it. In fact so many people said, "What?"....as if they have never even heard of a 'blankie'.

What is up with these Yankees? Do they not know the importance of a blankie to a 3 year old? Do they not know how important a blankie is to a mommy travelling without daddy?

MUST FIND BLANKIE!

I checked every store we went in, even though we called them and still nothing.

I checked every trash can in the corridor we were in and stiill nothing.

Blankie is gone, it is a sad day in the life of AJ.

And mommy because I still have my first blankie so I know how important 'blankie' is to AJ.

She was brave and really only mommy shed some tears. We made the mad dash to Wal-mart for a replacement and they were closed at 10:30pm??? Seriously.

So a quick run into a place called Meijers, which looked a lot like a messy supercenter, we found a perfect replacement blankie.

Now I just hope tomorrow will be good, when AJ realizes it is not her favorite blankie.

Maybe if we are lucky when we head back to the mall tomorrow, some nice person will have turned it in to the lost and found. I HOPE!!!


note to self...always stick with your gut and take the jumbo stroller and NOT the umbrella one. Leave the coat in the car when it is "balmy", but that is another story.

8 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh, how sad!

I know what a loss that is.

Hope the new one will be loved in return.

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Oh, no! I hope you are still able to find it. My daughter would be devastated. We left hers at my mom's in CA once, and she cried during the three days it took the mail to get it to TN! I hope you find it!

dawn said...

That is sad. I thought you always had two blankies for AJ.

I bet the replacement will be just as good and she will love it.

How fun to be in Chicago!

shelley said...

Is your "extra" blankie at home? I'm sorry too...that is NOT a fun ending to the day! However, I'm very glad that AJ was happy with her new blankie, they are strong, these little girls of ours!

Alana said...

That is sooooo sad. I'm so sorry. I hope you find it!

Carissa said...

i do LOVE chicago. but hate the blankie stress! hope the replacement is loved even more!!!

michelle said...

I really feel for you and AJ! I hope you find her blankie! We had a similiar incident with Olivia and her binky. We left it in a restaurant when we visited Shelley and we had to drive back to KY. Shelley's dad was so sweet he made a special trip to the restaurant to get it and sent it to us! I'll say a prayer for you to find it!

Sherri said...

I hope the new blankie worked...how sad :(.