Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bordering on Eew Gross...

This morning JP was eating massive amounts of pancakes (he was on number 9) when I said, "If you eat anymore you are going to throw-up on the court."

With a grin he replied, "Oh that will be ok cuz then the other team with slip on it."

It is very rare that my boy is disgusting, but that visual picture was just plain gross. And now I have shared that with you. Sorry for the mental picture, but I had to give him credit for the creative thinking!

Lucky for us, and the other team, the pancakes stayed where they belonged.

The game was quite the game. Our short 1st graders did pretty good, but in the end it just wasn't enough to pull the W. Despite the loss, JP stepped up and improved on defense 100% over last game. He also showed good character after the game when he checked on a player from the other team who took a fall that could be heard on the other court. We are so glad Boy2 is ok. I am also proud of JP's sportsmanship, it is not easy to lose and maintain a good attitude.

5 comments:

Alana said...

Eew gross, for sure.

Sorry about the game!

Janelle said...

I would take good character anyday of the week. It is way more important than winning.

Pam said...

I have always told my my kids that character is more important than winning. Good for JP.

Carissa said...

he sounds like a neat kid!

shelley said...

Only from a Boy!