Saturday, January 19, 2008

The game was so good I was stuck to my seat...

LITERALLY!


Shockingly enough I handled the situation very discreetly.


You see AJ and I were watching JP's basketball game this morning, and although it was only 8:15am AJ was eating a package of gummy snacks. I am all in favor of feeding the child anything she wants, so long as I get to watch the game uninterrupted. I am one of those moms who watches the game, and is completely unable to socialize with my friends when my son is playing ball. You might say I have a bit of tunnel vision. Anyhoo...


At some point AJ must have set her gummy snacks down on the bleacher. Do you see where I am going here???


OH yea. That is right at some point I unknowingly sat ON the gummy snacks, for how long I do not know. In the end of the third quarter I decided to shift positions and that is when I realized I was stuck. What?


At first I thought I was snagged on something, until I became unstuck and looked down to see the horror that was melted red and white heart gummy snacks, thank you Betty Crocker! Of course when I shifted I became stuck again, so I just stayed put and prayed hard that AJ wouldn't have to go potty.


We patiently waited for the incredible game to be over, way to go Wildcats for putting up their first W. Hooray for my boy who once again proved himself as an incredible defense player. He had steals, blocks, rebound, and assists. Good Job JP! All while his momma cheered stuck to a bleacher. Go ahead and laugh.


Aaron finally came over and I said we have a problem...I am stuck. I know he really wanted to giggle, but also wanted to get out without a scene. So I wrapped JP's coat around my waist and stood up to clean up the bleachers, which took a high powered sand blaster to clean.


We walked briskly without being social out of the building and to the car, where we had a great a fabulous laugh. Especially when we arrived home and the coloring artwork pages I sat on were, as you could guess stuck to my bottom! The kids giggled as I walked down the driveway with artwork being displayed on my tushee.


Anything to tickle my children...

6 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh my word! That is the funniest story.

Good ole gummy snacks!

Motherhood certainly makes us humble!

Celeste said...

Haha! You could have had a moment like I did... thought someone was checking out your rear, got all cocky, only to look in the mirror and find out why everyone was really checking out your behind!

Carissa said...

great story! i love the mental picture of ya'll getting in your car and cracking up! : )

Alana said...

Sounds like you handled the situation quite gracefully ;-)

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I loved the entire post, but the best part was the pic! Thanks for making me laugh!

Shelley said...

That's definitely one for the memory books!