Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hypothermia has set in, but the memories are so worth it...

The day started out with no one wanting to sled with me. I was so sad.

So I just made a snowman.

Did I mention I made it by myself. I thought the neighbors might think I was goofy if Aaron took a picture of just me with "hairy" the snowman, so I grabbed JP from his friends.

Oh this was also my second snowman of the day...earlier in the morning (8am) I made a GIANT one at my mom and dads. It was almost 7 feet tall!!!


AJ's second time out for the day she decided to try out sledding with Daddy. AJ and Daddy are 2 peas in a pod. They like snow, but mostly from the inside. Once they are cold they are done. Needless to say their playtimes were short.


After several futile attempts to woo my son into playing with me instead of the neighbor kids, I whipped out the sure fire ticket...a brand new snow tube.
Honestly I am not sure who had more fun, me or JP. That tube was sooo fast down our hill it was necessary for our survival to abort prior to landing in the woods, aka Death Valley.
After several ejections where we crashed and rolled over each other, I was soaked from head to toe. Since the hypothermia had clearly already set in, I saw no need to go in so we stayed out till dusk.




Here is our last run prior to the sun setting.
It was such a fabulous snow day, I am sure to get some good sleep tonight.
Uh I mean the KIDS had such a fabulous snow day, THEY are sure to get some good sleep.
What can I say, I am a kid at heart!




7 comments:

Janelle said...

Today was awesome! Throw in some hot chocolate and warm cookies and you have my favorite day of the year!

Looks like you had a blast!

Alana said...

I have some pictures to share, too. It was such a great day. The snow was perfect. Rich stayed home with us. Loved every minute of it! Looks like we're in for round 2 tomorrow!

Carissa said...

i love how fun you are jen. i wish i was fun like that! keep it up! : )

Shelley said...

Love the first pic of you! Great pouty look!

I'm glad y'all had so much fun! It's been interesting over here, to say the least! Take one child who thrives on routine, and needs time away from her mom and sister, and throw her OUT of routine, and into 24-7 time with her mom and her sister and what do you get???

KABOOM!

Pam said...

Love your pictures. Snow days ROCK!!!!

michelle said...

I loved your post!! You are such a fun mom!!! Glad you enjoyed the snow!!!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

What a fun day. The snowman is awesome!