Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My new favorite place...

This past weekend we filled our time with lots of projects around the house. One of the projects turned out to be my new favorite room in the house. It is the guest/kids bathroom, which for the past 6 years has been a tropical fishy theme. I loved that it was so kid friendly, but hated that everyone that came over had to use such a juvenile facility. My awesome husband 'locked' himself in the small bathroom after church on Sunday and when he emerged at 3pm, it was utter perfection. Have I mentioned before how much I love having such a cute handy husband? So here are the BEFORE shots:

corner shelf and decor above the potty


decor above the towel bar and the growth chart on the wall behind the door


view from the doorway
AND THE AFTER:
TA-DA!!



I commissioned a fabulous up and coming local artist for these very rare limited edition canvases. He is such a talented artist and goes by the initial J. He is so amazing, you will probably see him on OPRAH soon.

I am so loving the very pottery barn shelves with baskets and leather magazine holder. The silver frame pic is my favorite of me and my hubby.


We changed the horribly ugly bright lighting for this amazing off-center chandelier which I found for $3 at IKEA. Seriously. Gotta love their scratch and dent section and better yet, not a thing is wrong with it! I am not sure how I feel about the floral canvas, I think I will be giving J a call to do up one more master piece.


This is the view from the doorway. I still have to pick up a bamboo matchstick blind for the window and get some striped grosgrain ribbon to tie back the brown drapes. I am loving it soo much I am thinking about ripping the toilet out and put a nice relaxing chair, so i can retreat to peace and quiet.
So what do ya think???





























7 comments:

Carissa said...

LOVE IT!!! what a difference! gotta love having a handyman for a husband! impressive work!

Janelle said...

Very nice! Can't wait to see it in person.

michelle said...

I love it! J did a fabulous job painting! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person also! :)

shelley said...

That is one classy bathroom! I absolutely LOVE it...and maybe just a bit jealous!

Alana said...

Lookin' good, my friend! Love the brown and pink...actually your bathroom looks a little like my blog now that I think about it...no wonder I love it!

Teresa said...

FANTASTIC!

I'm so into the browns right now and Ashlyn's room is slowly being changed from white and purple to brown and purple!

What in inspiration!

LOVE the IKEA find. LOVE IT.

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

So cute! What a great IKEA find!