Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Card me PLEASE...

Aaron and I ventured to Wal-mart Supercenter for a recent date.

I know we are wild people.

Anyhoo we had a lovely time choosing food without hands flailing from the cart and snack foods being thrown from the shelf into the cart. OK well maybe I did throw a few snack foods in while he wasn't looking, I did learn from the kids.

We made our way to the checkout with our mass quantities of family friendly foods and our half a cow worth of milk. I was a bit sad when the elderly lady did not card us for the beverages we purchased, but I shrugged it off. I figured she knew we must be over 21 what with all the gummy snacks and danimals yogurt we were buying.

Then we arrived home and I read my receipt. Imagine my EXTREME unhappiness when I read this:

"All customers appearing to be UNDER the age of 40 will be asked to provide proof of age by showing proper id. Customers under legal age or without proper id, will not be permitted to purchase alcohol or tobacco products. "

Thank you for your cooperation.

WHAT?! I looked 40. That is 4-0. As in FORTY. The number that comes after 39. The number that I am indeed 11 years away from. That is eleven LONG years. My oldest child will be driving when I am 40.

Seriously I don't know if that gal should be fired because she didn't follow policy, or because she grossly offended me.

I mean seriously what a bummer, especially on my hot date at the grocery store of all places.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Well, they never card me either, so join the club! Seriously, I haven't been carded since just after I turned 21.

What does that say?

Celeste said...

I haven't been carded since that one night at the Landing, if it makes you feel any better!

Your date night sounds like something my 50-something parents would do, so maybe that's how they knew you were of age.

We usually hit up Wal-Mart on date nights too. It's pretty romantic. :)

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Oh, wow! I had to smile, but I would have been offended! I am guessing they don't follow that policy too strictly!

Janelle said...

Now when you go to Walmart looking like Gertie that is bound to happen. :)

Alana said...

I think you guys need to forfeit your date night privileges if that is the most exciting thing you can come up with for a date. Wal-mart??? Please tell me you did dinner or something else as well??