Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Flying to the moon...

The sun broke the morning sky with the most beautiful of sparkling rays. The ground was covered with a wet blanket of glistening snow.


It was not much, but it was enough to spark extreme excitement within the eyes of a 3 year old. A 3 year old who had the ENTIRE yard covered in the white wet goodness, to herself. The excitement was heard before she was even seen, as the pitter patter of feet scurried across the living room through the kitchen and into my room.


"It really snowed, mommy! Can we play outside?"


Although patience is not really one of AJ's strong suits, she did manage to contain her excitement for at least an hour while I continued to blissfully rest. I laid there just listening to her pure excitement as she danced around the living room, singing.


When I exited the bedroom, I was greeted with sparkling eyes and a heaping PILE of winter hats, gloves, and scarves.


"Do you want to go to the moon with me, mommy?"


"Sure."


"Just hop on..." she exclaimed pointing to the arm of the couch.


I obliged sitting behind her on the couch arm.


"Now you just slide off..."


Easiesr for her than me, but I did it.


"Now you just hop, hop, hop, and then we get dressed."


It is not often that I enjoy a morning trip to the moon, but this morning was particularly wonderful. It was the first time AJ had ever enjoyed a snow morning by herself. The yard filled with unspoiled fresh snow, ready for her sweet little footprints. She ran out giddy, grasping a handful of snow right down to the bare grass and ever so gently tasted her morning treat.


The magic and wonder was so sweet that it was sad to see it all melted by 11 am. I am so thankful I put aside the mornings chores to 'fly to the moon'...

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

This was a beautifully mommy moment. I love these posts. And I love blogging, because it gets us moms in the habit of capturing these moments in words. Cute picture!

Celeste said...

That's what I hate and love about having kids close together. They don't get alone time with mommy to play, but they always have a kid to play with too. I'm glad AJ had fun in the snow with mommy!

Janelle said...

Good for you! I am sure that was worth more than clean clothes and dishes.

Alana said...

Sounds like a fun morning!

Shelley said...

She has such a cute way with words. It didn't last long, but it was perfect. Some snow, but not enough to cancel school!

Pam said...

What a fun way to spend time together...flying to the moon. I love it when she said, "hop hop hop"!