Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just Joking...

Today I learned a very valuable lesson.


Jokes are meant to be funny.


I did not tell my serious perfect attendance (his goal is perfect through highschool) son that school was cancelled for Tuesday, even though I received the text at just after 7pm LAST night. I was hoping the children would remain calm and go to bed as normal, allowing Aaron and I to just relax.


It worked! Both kids were out by 8:30. Avery is a nightowl who requires very little sleep, so you could say I was ecstatic! She never sleeps before 10 and always rises before 8.


I was able to finish scrapbooking when it was evident the satellite was not going to cooperate with us, even when my sweet husband risked life and limb to climb up to the roof to de-ice the dish. His efforts were valiant, but futile.


Anyway, back to the joke.


This morning JP came wandering into my room as I lay sleeping.


JP- Mom don't I have school?


Me- groggy...What I thought you already left.


JP-frozen


ME- it is past start time


JP- roars MOM, starts to cry and attack me


ME- its ok there is no school...I was just kidding


JP- tackles me and we both laugh


From that I saw how serious he really is about his perfect attendance. I guess it is good to have goals and be passionate about them...

9 comments:

Darlene R. said...

What a cute, or should I say handsome, guy! I love that the tie is colored.

I finally got you added to my bloglines account! I hope it's alright that I do that. I'm going to add you to my links too, if it's okay with you.

Janelle said...

Great goal. Hope he can make it.

Shelley said...

I've decided to try as hard as possible for Ellie to NOT have perfect attendance, every semester. I'm still mad that they counted her one, 2 minute tardy, against her. That's ridiculous. So, I suppose you could say we have a goal too!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

It sounds like he is very serious about perfect attendance! Love the picture!

By the way, Sun-Drop is a local drink. It would fit in the Mt. Dew/Mello Yellow category, but I think it is much better! :)

Alana said...

That is a lofty goal. What happens if he gets sick??

michelle said...

Olivia shouts with glee when school is cancelled! She loves to stay home! I guess I pamper her too much! We'll live vicariously through your family and celebrate JP's perfect attendence!

Linda said...

Look at this kid! He is amazing, and a self-starting goal achiever. Cute, funny post.

Celeste said...

Good luck! Out of all of us I'm sure you're the only one that could achieve it!

Rochelle said...

He is so adorable!!! My daughter only thinks about that perfect attendance when they are handing out that certificate. She doesn't miss vry often. Actually, I don't think she has missed this year yet... but we are going to Israel for a week in April and she is going to spend a week with my mom. That's not her fault though - I don't suppose they'll give her that certificate though. :/