Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thursday 13...

13 crazy things that occured on Wednesday:

1. Had to tape JP's pinkie finger to his ring finger, as it was possible it was broken due to a basketball injury the previous evening.

2. Rushed the boy out the house because it was a bit icy and the finger taping took too long.

3. 2 fail safes failed and the boy got to school WITHOUT his library book, just 3 days after I claimed: HE NEVER FORGETS HIS BOOK! chaotic mornings are not my friend.

4. AJ throws minor temper at giftshop increases my stress level.

5. pick JP up from school only to see the finger has not gotten better.

6. call completely booked doctor begging to get son in so that I don't have to take him to urgent care for the second time in 7 days.

7. On the way to doctor, my fairly new car 'goes crazy'. I have no idea what is wrong, so I drive a mere 100 feet or so and park at doctors office.

8. Get out of car to see a TOTALLY FLAT TIRE. Called husband for a rescue while I took kids inside.

9. Sat an hour in waiting room filled with grossly sick people. Listening to their conversations about babies daddies not knowing their baby is alive because a week ago that baby daddy beat them up. What? Seriously.

10. AJ puts Macky the pig under her dress and announces to the whole waiting room that she is going to have a baby and THEN she says Mommy is having a baby. I AM NOT HAVING A BABY...SHE WAS JUST QUOTING DORA THE EXPLORER MOVIE. But since there were people in the room that know who I am, I am sure the rumors are flying.

11. Boy gets x-ray, hand looks good but we have to wait for the radiologist to clear him.

12. Car has donut tire on it, but is still running 'funny'. Aaron can't find the same tire ANYWHERE around us. And car now has appointment in the shop for Friday.

13. I made myself a spiked milkshake and poured a hot bath to rest from the CRAZY afternoon only to get in the tub to COLD water. The element in our hot water heater is going out. JOY.

Bonus: I woke this morning hoping for a beautiful stress free day only to see my laptop DIED during the night. DEAD. WON'T TURN ON.

Oh lovely.

7 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh friend. I am so sorry that your day was so hard. I think we all need a pick-me-up from yesterday. It was a rough one.

Spring and sumshine, come quickly. Chase these dark days away!

I hope today is better for you. Love ya!

Shelley said...

What a Day! I'm so sorry about the flat tire, and the trashy waiting room! Hopefully JP'a finger will be OK. I drove about 100 feet on a flat tire once too. My dad about killed me!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I hope Thursday is going better than Wednesday! What a rough day!

Celeste said...

It must have been in the air, I had a rough day too! I just want a warm, sunny day to cheer me up!!

Alana said...

Sheesh. There is something going on here with all this funk. So sorry to hear about your tough day. I hope things start looking up soon!

Pam said...

I am so sorry for your yucky day. Hope today was better.

Carissa said...

wow...that was a bad day. no two ways about it! here is to better ones starting now! : )