Friday, February 8, 2008

Time is a ticking...

Time.

Lately I have been taking note of my clocks.

Sitting in my bedroom I can see 5 clocks. Here is what they say:

7:06 --tv
7:06 --cell
7:23--clock on my side of bed
7:37--clock on Aaron's side of bed
10:11--wall clock that stopped who knows how long ago

Yesterday I noticed as I rushed to school thinking I was late for pick-up, that really I was early. Aaron's car is 7 minutes slow, my car is 5 minutes fast. I was in his car.

Aaron's alarm clock is 31 minutes fast. My alarm clock is 15 minutes fast.

I used to be able to say that I am a very punctual person. I still am a very punctual person when it comes to school, childrens activities, and appointments. I am not however punctual when it comes to meeting up with friends and family. This was a decision Aaron and I made when we decided it was better to show up a bit late to a full group of people, rather than show up on time and be by ourselves. This way we spend those extra waiting minutes at our house cleaning up or such.

Now let me tell you what my bedroom sounds like in the morning.

To quote my husband, "It's like being in the middle of a minefield."

First Aaron's clock goes off with a EH-EH-EH-EH-EH.

Seconds later my clock goes off with whatever crazy pop song is playing on the radio. And it is a gradual quiet to roaring LOUD.

As soon as I whack the radio, Aaron's cell phone starts vibrating in the bathroom, LOUDLY.

Then LABAMBA starts wailing from my cell phone.

Of course if you only hit snooze on each of those the whole orchestra of noise is repeated in 3 minutes or less.

Neurotic, you might think?

YES.

The thought of oversleeping literally FREAKS me out. Just the thought puts me into labored breathing.

Did I mention that my alarm and Aaron's alarm both go off 30 minutes and 45 minutes after we get up.

That is right there are 6 alarms in our room. As well as the tv. I sleep with the tv on.

My name is JP's MOM and I have a time problem.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

I am sitting here trying to come up with a witty comment. But I am literally speechless. I feel the need to breath into a paper bag. That makes me nervous. And 'Nervous Nellie' is not very pretty!

Shelley said...

Well, as the girl who never makes it anywhere on time, I have no help for you. I tried setting my clocks fast, but I always know that they're fast, and so I mentally deduct the minutes!

Darlene R. said...

What a great post!
I go nuts when I don't have a watch or a clock to look at.

To answer your question... No, I didn't have a pair of Punky Brewster high tops. I had the totally cool black high top Reeboks with the two velcro straps going across the top. If you were way cool you would tie them and then put the shoestrings IN the velcro so they wouldn't come untied. Wear them with doubled socks and you were outta this world! :)ha

Rochelle said...

I don't wear a watch anymore. All I have is my cell phone and I check it ALL the time. When I am in class. (Sometimes when I'm in church.) It's terrible, I know! And you don't want to know when I forget my phone... lol! Great post!

Alana said...

So, here is my question. Do you ever not hear the first alarm? If not, why do you need all the others? Free yourself. You only need one, two at the most if you really feel like you need the backup.

Personally, I never have a problem hearing my alarm, just obeying it. Down with alarm clocks!