Wednesday, February 13, 2008

WordFULL Wednesday, A prayer request...

On this wordless wednesday I need to have words, so I bring to you WORDFULL WEDNESDAY. It is the best of both worlds, pictures and words.

Tomorrow on Valentines Day, my lil' sister Becky will be having surgery.

On Valentines Day?

Well she never really thought much of a greeting card company initiated holiday anyhow. Plus she just wants to get the surgery over with and this was the soonest date.

She is having her thyroid removed. An incision will be made in her neck and then the thyroid will be removed. Recovery varys from person to person. Some people are back to normal in just days, others take weeks. We are praying for the days.

She is a great person. A fabulous Aunt to my kids even though she lives 8 hours away. She is a great student in grad school. She is a great wife, at least in my opinion. ;) She loves animals. She is athletic, fun, caring, gifted, funny, smart, and kind. She volunteers as a Big Sister and is a Den Leader for Cub Scouts. She runs a challenge course at her MAJOR university, which she just received a very prestigious national award for. She is fun.

I hope that you will pray with me for her. I pray for wisdom for the surgeon's and peace for my sister. I pray for a quick recovery. I pray for healing all around. I also pray for safe travels for my mom as she drives north in the icy, snowy weather.

Thank you for your prayers!

And now I will leave you with some pictures...

Gotta love the matching outfits! I think we are 3 and 1 or 4 and 1 1/2 here

Here we are at the family business. We are cute, aren't we.


The newlywed (me) and the high school graduate (bec).


9 comments:

dawn said...

Just prayed for her. Keep us updated after the surgery.

Carissa said...

sisters are the best. will be praying for her!

Rochelle said...

Just said a prayer. Let us know how it goes. You are a great sister.

Darlene R. said...

I will be praying for her. I have two sisters and it's great.

Pam said...

I will be praying for her too. Please do keep us updated.

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I pray that everything will go smoothly and that she has a quick recovery! The pictures are wonderful!

Alana said...

I'll be praying for you sister. Loved your post about her!

Sarah Markley said...

I agree, sisters are the best. I am the big sister and there are only two of us...I will pray for her too!

michelle said...

I'm keeping your sister in my prayers! Please keep us updated!