Saturday, March 1, 2008

Encouraging words are like warm sunshine...



"So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing."

1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NLT)


This week my church has challenged each member to 'speak sweeter'. One of the things I know I can do to speak sweeter is to encourage. This afternoon I am feeling very led to encourage one special person in my life. I won't say who she is because she will know. :)
She is an awesome friend, the kind you can talk to for hours about absolutely nothing or absolutely everything. She is crafty, creative, and a fabulous decorator. Most importantly she is an amazing mommy. Although her first born is strong-willed and tests her mommy, you wouldn't know it. She encourages me.

So today I just want to encourage my friend that she IS a FABULOUS mom, with amazing kids. The daily struggles we have with our kids will only make us stronger and shape the character of our children.


On a lighter note, it is March 1 and it is a balmy like 75 or 80 degrees today. Sunshine and blue skies, gotta love the taste of spring.

Is this not just the cutest little guy you have ever seen!

Followed by the cutest big guy you have ever seen!

I love a warm sunny Saturday at the park! Aah refreshing!

10 comments:

Shelley said...

You made me cry!

Thank you for your sweet words. I'm loving this sermon series.

The park was beautiful yesterday. I love that pic of Austin! It shows his sweet, yet mishevious side! It's hard to believe that one day he'll be as big and strong as JP!

Alana said...

That's awesome! Shelley is one cool lady. I love her and appreciate her so much. And she is a great Mom! I know her children will rise up and call her blessed!

Rochelle said...

This was a sweet post. Shelley sounds like such a blessing! And I can't wait to spend some time at the park!

Janelle said...

Everyone needs a friend like Shelley to make life more fun! I love how real she is. I love her honesty and how she doesn't play the "pretend to be perfect" game. She is a safe person to share struggles with! Three cheers for Shelley!!

Shelley said...

OK Y'all, stop it. I love you all, but I'm gonna have to find a carpet to crawl under pretty soon!

Carissa said...

i want in on the "i think shelley is great" bandwagon. i know that i know her the least of all the bloggers but i AGREE...she is a DELIGHT! i'm so glad to be getting to know her better...and you too jen!

Darlene R. said...

I am so looking forward to sitting down with a huge diet coke and reading all of the posts that I have missed!

Could you email me your address so that I can send your prize?? I hope to have a picture up later this evening, but I have been playing catch up all day long! It will be on there soon! Congrats!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

We had similar days at the park! I am looking forward to many more over the next few months!

Pam said...

Ahhhh, that was so nice. I am just getting to know Shelley better too and I think she is a sweetheart!

michelle said...

What a sweet post! Shelley is not only a great friend but a super sister-in-law also!