Monday, March 10, 2008

March 9, 2008...

Yesterday was a beautiful day.

The temperature was crisp in the morning and warm in the afternoon. The sun danced across the grass throughout the day and the wind was ever so gentle.

Things were bordering on perfect.

Well unless you count the 'fit' AJ threw on the way out of church because she wanted a Krispy Kreme donut and was not patient enough to wait till we drove there.

Or maybe because of the time change we were all kind of like zombies.

We got past the temper and the tiredness and played outside most of the day.

Aaron decided it was a perfect opportunity to burn leaves in our woods, so he began raking. And that is when it happened.

THE RAKE BROKE!

Not just any rake.

The rake that Aaron received at his man tool shower just before our wedding almost 9 years ago.


Sad sad moment, but he pressed on.

The leaves were burnt, while the kids played in the sandbox.

I wish I had a pic of AJ when she came up from the sandbox with sand head to toe and black hands!

Anyway we were winding the day down with homemade beef stew and biscuits.


And that ladies and gentlemen was were my life was forever changed.


I pulled the pizza stone from the oven and set in on the left side of the stove.

My favorite pizza stone so perfectly seasoned. The stone we literally use EVERYDAY!

BAM!

The stone broke.

Aaron and I stared at each other in disbelief.

It was the stone I recieved at my pampered chef bridal shower for our wedding almost 9 years ago.....

6 comments:

Darlene R. said...

That's a little strange...

Although, I am impressed that those things lasted 9 years. My toaster only lasted about a year and we've been through about 3 vacuums since we've been married. But what impresses me the most is that you actually remember that you got those things at your showers! :)

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Wow! Both things on the same day! I don't believe in bad omens, so I will say it was just coincidental! :)

Janelle said...

I feel your pain. I broke a 9X13 baking stone a couple of weeks ago. It was the perfect brown, seasoned color. I was VERY sad.

Sarah Markley said...

So sorry...I love my PC stones. I've been married for almost 12 and things are starting to go...I hear you.

Alana said...

I think one of the babysitters washed my stone with soap. The last time I used it the pizza tasted funny! Sounds like you might need to host a pampered chef party ;-)

Pam said...

dodododododododo sounds like something from the Twilight Zone!