Friday, March 14, 2008

Workin' 9-5...

AJ is lucky.

She gets to be with me all day.

I am lucky.

I get to be with AJ all day.

We are both lucky because she gets to go to work with me, whenever I work.

Both of my children have learned the family business. From about 1 week old each one has been on the sales floor. They know how to run a register, stock shelves, open showcases, price things, etc. JP loves to change displays and make signs for them. AJ loves to stock shelves and give change back. JP has even been known to point things out to the employees and they know he is probably right.

My children are growing up the same way I did and I love it. I wouldn't change it at all.


The things they are learning about money, responsibility, respect, pride, and family are amazing.

Not only do they understand why mommy and daddy work, they see first hand where the money comes from. They understand the value of a dollar. They respect others and property. My children are devastated on the rare ocassion a toy breaks because they understand someone worked hard to purchase it for them.

I know from my own childhood that there will be those days when my kids wish we could be celebrating the holidays like their friends, but that Thanksgiving will turn out to be one of the best holiday memories setting up a new store and eating turkey on a cardboard box.

It doesn't matter what you are doing as long as you are surrounded by FAMILY.


AJ's favorite section to stock...scrapbooking!
She wouldn't even let me help, I thought she wouldn't finish in time to pick up JP from school.
This is AJ's proud face...so silly.


2 comments:

Shelley said...

It's great that your kids understand how hard you work, and appreciate it!

Alana said...

Being around that many scrap booking supplies...every girl's dream ;-)