Friday, April 25, 2008

I am just that weird...

7000 diapers for twins in the first year.


7000


That is SEVEN THOUSAND.


7 followed by THREE zeroes.


Really?


Yikes.


That is 3500 diapers per baby.


That is 583.33 diapers per month.


That is 134.62 diapers per week.


That is 19.2 diapers per day.


That is .80 diapers per hour.


That is a lot of diaper changes.


Today I found diapers ON SALE at TARGET.


ON SALE I TELL YA!


$9 for 112 size 1 diapers.


That is 8 cents a piece people. In case you don't know the average price of diapers that is DIRT CHEAP LIKE PRACTICALLY FREE.


And so I purchased a few.


624 diapers to be exact.


336 size 1.

288 size 2.


By my calculations that is enough diapers for precisely 32.5 days.


$58.86 for 1 month of diapers brings the daily diaper expense to $1.96.


Maybe I should go buy more????

8 comments:

Shelley said...

Yes, go buy more!

But seriously, these are babies 3 and 4. You will NOT change their diapers nine times a day. Maybe at first, when they're newborns, but after that...Yeah, well, you've seen Austin!

Janelle said...

TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!!! In. Out. In. Out. In. Out.

Good. That's better.

Stop doing so much math. It's not good for the babies.

Celeste said...

I think you need to start selling ad space on your blog to raise some money! That is insane! I thought diapers were going to kill us when Luke was born and we had two in diapers... I couldn't imagine two NEWBORNS in diapers!

The good news is that you are going to have newborns during peak family party time, and there are lots of arms waiting for your babies!

Julianne said...

Jen,
You know my friend Shelly with the twin girls? (You loved her nursery pictures...) She is opting for cloth diapers and LOVING them. Just a thought and maybe not practical for such an "on the go" family, but it's an idea for at home. They are saving a fortune. Literally. But he is a youth pastor and she is a SAHM, so every penny counts! :) You should come up here, let me take care of you for a couple days and hang out with Shelly as an observer! I'll cook for you......

Jamie said...

Jen,
I thought this post was hilarious. I am sure the babies will be okay if you change them, say 8 times a day. It will really cut down on diapers. Also, I know you have a lot of friends who will help contribute to the diaper stock later, if you buy all 7000 now, you might have storage issues.

michelle said...

Wow! You have great math skills for being pregnant! My brain just turned to mush and I was driven by how to work in a nap! :)

Darlene R. said...

There are different sites that you can find to get coupons and stuff for twins. If you want, I can give you my sister's e-mail, actually she has a facebook page, and maybe she could give you some pointers. She and her husband raise 4 kids (2 boys and twin girls) and she only spends $60 a week on groceries! I don't know how she does it, but she does. Let me know.
Also, I never used 19 diapers a day! I think you'll be fine!

Alana said...

I'm saving coupons for you! I'd say a diaper shower might be in your future ;-)