Thursday, April 3, 2008

One week...

I am amazed how something so tiny can completely rock a world.



I have spent the past week sneezing every 2.7 seconds with a force grand enough to knock down a small block village. Not to mention the number of tissues I have gone through.



Oh and the nausea. I really don't remember the nausea with the other two babies. I feel fortunate to not actually be getting sick, but the nausea is enough to leave me on the couch.



And the naps are good and necessary. If you call between 3pm and 5pm there is a good chance the ringing will wake me from a droolin' stupor on my couch. Don't worry I have my own droolin' pillow that is not a regular deco pillow.


I have always had the desire to have a cute little pregnant bump, but usually a bit into the pregnancy I see that is not going to happen. Shocking how just almost 2 weeks since I found out and I do believe I can put all hopes of that little dream right out the window.

That is right people.

In 1 week.

1 week I tell ya.

I have seriously gained 3 pounds.

Now in my defense my doctor does not have you take your shoes off and this week I was wearing boots as opposed to open back flats.

Surely the 3 pound difference was in the shoes?

Right?

9 comments:

Shelley said...

Definitely.

Enjoy those naps, pregnant naps are the best!

Celeste said...

Oh man, Dr. M was the worst about weight gain! Anytime I gained a little more than needed, he'd raise his brow and look at me over the top of his glasses and remind me that I didn't really need to eat for two.

Darlene R. said...

Oh yeah, it was the shoes, totally!

OH the memories...

Alana said...

I always take off any and all things that might add any weight when I step on the scale. Next time take off the boots, the earrings, any outer layers, and try not to breathe. It'll make all the difference ;-)

Hipmomofboyz said...

I just stumbled across your blog and it is so cute, I am a mother of 3 and I have to say it was the shoes for sure.....

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I totally missed the baby in the Christmas picture! Congratulations! I started reading this post thinking, "Have I missed something?" Then, I went back and looked at your drawing.

How wonderful!

Janelle said...

Sorry about the nausea this time around. That is NO FUN!!

My doc said that with the 3rd time around you will feel things that you never did with the other two. I am glad she prepared me for that because she was so right. Everything is more extreme this time. Every ache and pain is worse, the nausea/vomiting was worse.

Don't give up hope for the cute belly yet. You will be adorable!

Sarah Markley said...

Congratulations! Yes, it was the shoes. I gained like 9 pounds one week of my second pregnancy and it wasn't shoes. It was ice cream.

Rochelle said...

It was shoes.... all three pounds. :)