Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bon Appetit...

Have you ever enjoyed a steak and potato dinner on a Saturday night?

A perfectly grilled tasty big ole steak?

I am sure you have, right? I mean silly question.

But have you ever enjoyed a perfectly cooked steak and potato dinner while sitting on the toilet?

What?!

I have.

Just as dinner was finished Saturday night our county was ordered to take cover in our tornado shelters. We knew it was coming, but thought we could get dinner in before the storm.

Not so much.

So Aaron and I carried our plates down to the downstairs bathroom where the kids were already hunkered down. Sitting a top blankets, pillows, and the toilet we enjoyed a tasty meal while listening to the weather miraculously lose strength and pass by us.

Just a few counties over a F4 tornado hit, but we were spared.

10 comments:

Shelley said...

We were at Elenitas. My dad called to tell us to take cover...We went to the outlet mall instead. I know, we're crazy!

Jaime said...

Wow! That sounds pretty crazy! Were you scared?
Btw, you've been tagged!

Carissa said...

THAT is a funny mental picture!!!

Janelle said...

What a funny story! I am glad we were passed by. There has been so many weird weather things happening lately. Strange...

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Praise the Lord you are ok! And, for the yummy steak and potato!

Celeste said...

Okay, I totally thought this had to do with a pregnancy related symptom.

Glad your pants were up while you were on the toilet. :)

Good & Crazy said...

Jaime sent me this way via her blog...

Yikes about the tornado. Not really tornado country here, but thunderstorms send my 4yrold into a tizzy! Hope this doesn't mean you are in for a wild summer tornado season??

Darlene R. said...

Are there always lots of tornados where you live?
Cute story, so glad you were passed over!

Rochelle said...

Oh my! Glad you are well! Sorry you had to enjoy your steak dinner on the pot! LOL!

Alana said...

Well, you gotta do, what you gotta do.

We had not eaten dinner yet so we were starving under the stairs in our basement that day!