Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sweet Sibling Love...

I MADE IT INTO THE FINALS!!!!!
Please go to this site and vote for
BABYDOLLS AND SOCCERBALLS!!!!
THANK YOU!
Oh how the $1000 prize could be put to good use with the arrival of our twins!
One evening just shortly after AJ was brought home from the hospital her big brother really wanted to sleep with her. Nervous we decided that he could lay next to a sleeping AJ while he drifted off to sleep. Moments after JP fell asleep we saw him start to roll over. Panicking I started to reach out to stop him, when I realized he was snuggling into her. When his hand touched her shoulder, she instantly wrapped her tiny arm around his. With tears of joy I couldn't resist reaching for the camera. It was the exact moment you dream of prior to becoming a mommy. I still love looking at this photo and seeing how special their brother sister bond is, even from the beginning.
Check out this photo contest...

17 comments:

Elaine A. said...

Ok, I just melted right here in front of my computer. That is absolutely adorable!!

Alana said...

Very sweet, Jen.

By the way, I'm sure Rich would be willing to take some pics AFTER the delivery ;-)

Shelley said...

That is the sweetest picture! Great choice Jen!

carrie & troy keiser said...

Oh. My. Goodness! That is precious. There is some stiff competition in this contest!

Janelle said...

Very tender memory!

We have one almost like that with Z and Lou. I keep it on my fridge and stare at it everyday. It is my favorite picture in the whole world.

Darlene R. said...

That is an awesome picture. So sweet.

Jamie said...

I love the picture.

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Hi, found your blog through BigMama, and I did a post about a few cheap maternity suit options for my preggo sister :

http://vintagedutchgirl.blogspot.com/2008/05/special-maternity-request.html

Let me know if you find any other good options!

Three P's in a Pod said...

What a precious, precious memory!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

This shot totally reminds me of my son with our baby girl. I think I am biased on this one ;)
I love the story that you told about it.

Linda said...

Oh, so very sweet. I asked my husband to look at it!

Shelly said...

I love this absolutely precious picture...I had to show it to John too! :)

Amanda said...

This is the sweetest picture. I have a boy and girl too and I have to say those moment of love expressed is the best

Rachel Callahan said...

I absolutely LOVE this photo. It is my favorite, and I would vote for you if I weren't in the finals myself ;) shhhh don't tell.

Mandy said...

beautiful!!! This makes me all sappy and they're not even my kids.

LaskiGal said...

OMG--what an absolutely beautiful family you have. This was one of my favorite photos! I just adore it.

Precious!

Laney-Lou said...

Hey Jen! I had NO idea you made it into the finals until I cam across your picture on the site. I thought, gosh that looks JUST like Justice!! Then I recognized your blog title! HOW COOL!! You've got my vote!