Thursday, July 10, 2008

If you build it, they will come...

For as long as I can remember, if my mom or I had a vision my Dad could complete it. The man can build anything and fix anything.


You want a shed...done in a weekend.


Need to finish a basement...ok.


Want a front porch...piece of cake.


Want a bed made into a JEEP...not a problem.


I never thought even for one second that when I started dating my husband that he too would be as handy as my dad.


I have been so spoiled, by these two men I love so greatly. They have saved me literally thousands of dollars by being so incredibly handy.


So it really was to no surprise that when I asked Aaron to paint the twins room after his long hard day at work, that he agreed. He really is the best Dad ever.


So in a matter of hours the twins room has become a very welcoming space painted with the love and sweat of their Dad, who by the way hates painting. He does however love painting a room for a new member of the family, but only then. :)


Have I mentioned again how much this man I married rocks?

9 comments:

Darlene R. said...

That is so great that you have those two to spoil you!

I think your right, he sounds like an awesome daddy!

Janelle said...

Don't you just pray that AJ will find a man just like her grampa and daddy? That's my prayer for Lou.

Can't wait to see the room with that adorable bedding!

Alana said...

He's a good egg ;-)

Can't wait to see them finished product!

Shelley said...

Yes, I do believe he's a keeper! I can't wait to see the room!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

My hubby painted our nursery yellow before my daughter was born. It took four or five coats because the yellow was so light. When I picked out new bedding when we got the big girl bed. My hubby just said, "It better have yellow in it because I am not doing that again!" :) He isn't quite so willng to do the handy kind of jobs, but he will clean the toilets if I ask!

Carissa said...

a husband AND a handyman...JACKPOT!

Jaime said...

That is awesome! Around here, I am usually the one doing those kinds of things! Oh well...

Jamie said...

Sounds like a good guy. Can't wait to see your two boys in their room.

michelle said...

He could give Handy Manny a run for his money!!

Can't wait to see the babies' room!