Thursday, August 14, 2008

25 weeks...

I awoke this morning with a very uncomfortable abdominal pain accompanied by a bad backache.
Usually I don't have the backache until the evening, after a long day.
I spent most of the day very uncomfortable and unable to find a good position, so I called the DR. who decided it would be best to head to the Labor & Delivery for some monitoring. Of course when she finally called back the abdominal pain had subsided and I had just drifted into a wonderful nap.
After several attempts to find somewhere for the kids to go, we headed to the hospital with a fun bag in tow.
5 hours, 3 nurses, 1 doctor, 1 ultrasound, and several tests later we were discharged.
Let me tell ya nothing brings a family closer...um I mean drives ya crazier...than tired kids and daddy in a 5' X 9' room for 5 HOURS.
Let's just say if my blood pressure wasn't high going into the hospital, it was high going out!
All things considered, the kids really were well behaved. It was just such a small room!
So 5 hours later the verdict is that I need to have a couple days of bed rest. So it looks like our final weekend of summer has been planned for us. We are going to enjoy a lovely LAZY weekend. Honestly I think the kids will love it. They have worked a lot with me this week.
Babies were looking good once again, although they were so squirmy they gave the techs a hard time when they were trying to monitor their heart rates and the contractions.

9 comments:

Janelle said...

I am so sorry! I hope after a few days of rest you will be good as new. Your body knows what you need right now. You have been going really hard lately. Slowing down will be a good thing for you and the babies!

Sorry I couldn't help with the kids. I must have been at Walmart when you called.

Julianne said...

Jen - I nearly fell off my office chair when I saw that picture of being monitored. Brought back some bittersweet memories. I had to read the text to stop hyperventilating! :)

I agree with Janelle - please slow down, even after they let you back up!

And Janelle, is this Wal-Mart you speak of some type of cellular black hole or are you so enamored with your new store that you turn off your phone to focus? LOL!

Back to Jen - I AM SO RELIEVED EVERYONE IS OKAY!

Love you....

Shelley said...

Um...YOU DIDN'T CALL ME!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, CALL ME.

I'm glad you and the babies are okay. And I'm glad you get to slow down. I know you and the kids will enjoy your lazy weekend!

Jaime said...

Wishing you lots of lazy, restful days! Take it easy momma!:)

Rich said...

Ummm...pretty sure there was no message on our voice mail?? You do know we live one street over?? Lord knows you've been there for me during a crisis or two. I'm glad everything is okay, but I've done the bed rest thing and it is not fun. Do you have help with the kids today while Aaron is at work?

Carissa said...

so glad everyone is okay. you take it EASY this weekend...maybe get some chick flicks to watch or something!

Alana said...

Okay there I go again leaving messages under Rich's sign in...oops.

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

So glad you are alright! Take it easy this weekend!

michelle said...

So glad to hear everyone is fine! Let me know if I can help in anyway!
A weekend of rest sounds like a perfect way to end the summer and gear up for school! Your big kidos will be thankful to soak up some quiet mommy time!@