Monday, August 11, 2008

Am I really saying these words...

It is August 11th.

August in these parts is UNBEARABLY HOT and HUMID.

UNBEARABLE.

Torture.

So it is so extremely bizarre that after just barely an hour today, the kids and I left the pool saying :

"It is just too cold to swim today."

It was a abnormal beautiful August day with a strong breeze, sun, and just barely 80 degree temps. The water temperature with the wind was just too too chilly even for the kiddos.

Although I love these cooler temps, it is the last full week of summer and we want to swim.

So let's bring on the heat please!

6 comments:

Shelley said...

It's oddly cool, that's for sure! But it is beautiful! We ate dinner outside tonight!

Janelle said...

I respectfully disagree. I am loving these temps. We can ride bikes and take a walk without melting. We had a fun day outside and none of us were miserable.

I guess to each his own. :)

Celeste said...

I am LOVING this summer!! The temps haven't been too bad.

Shin-Kickers said...

While I am not down there, we are having much cooler days right now too. And I would rather it stay that way. Sorry, but working in the extreme heat all day with no chance to go to the pool just isn't any fun me. I like the cooler temps.

But, maybe you can only get some hotter temps so you can go to the pool.

Jamie said...

We were planning a trip to W.W. yesterday and had to make the decision that it was just not hot enough. The kids were very upset.

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

The same thing happened to us last week. We have had several days in the 80s. Considering that we had 10+ days over 100 last year in August, it practically feels like winter!