Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When ya got lemons, make lemonade...

We awoke this morning to a very chilly and cloudy August morning. After getting our chores, aka work at the Giftshop done, we decided to have a cool weather adventure.
We went to the local "kids country" for a good time of kiddie rides and mini golf. Definitely something to take advantage of when it is cool and overcast. Lucky for us we even had free passes!


Does AJ know how to strike a pose or what!
Yesssss! A hole in one!

I was talked into ice cream at the end of the time, just in time for the sun to come out.


Sooo, we decided to run home and get our suits and give swimming another try. Lucky for us by 4 the sun was beating down and it was a nice 80 degrees and no wind. Yea! When we got to the pool there was literally only 8 other swimmers there. Seriously. It was good times.




Really I am not sure who loves the snow cones more...Me or AJ.
Probably ME!





This was our attempt at a group shot. Between my belly and my arm length it wasn't happening, but I love the shot of me and JP.
The cool day turned out to be a very fun and special day in which we arrived home at 6:30pm to yummy BBQ Beef ready to eat in the crock.
Oh how I love my crock pot.




8 comments:

Shelley said...

Good job making the most of a cool day!!! Great pics!

Jamie said...

Sounds like a fun day. I love using my crockpot too.

michelle said...

What a fun day to end the summer! Loved the pictures!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Nothing better than a great day and coming home to a cooked meal!

Alana said...

I'm loving the cooler weather, but I do hope there is at least one more day of hot for swimming before school starts...

Darlene R. said...

Great pictures! I have really enjoyed the milder weather. It was perfect for camping last weekend! I'm glad you're getting some last minute fun in before school starts.

Jaime said...

Sounds like a great day! Love all the pics!:)

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

What a fun day!