Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ramblings of a 3rd Trimester...

These are the thoughts that have been racing through my brain hour after hour ...

1. I need to post about AJ's 1st day of Preschool.

2. Maybe I am in denial about the whole preschool thing seeing as how when I filled out her book order last night I wrote JP's name on the student line. I mean when did my baby get old enough for preschool anyway?

3. My son is getting ready to deliver his first "political speech" in his effort to persuade his classmates to vote him onto the Student Character Council. He wants to be elected so much, I pray that his efforts are rewarded. He has high hopes of the other kids being turned off by the meetings you must attend if you are on the council. Although I am not sure he knows what bribery is exactly I can see his little politician side coming through...he hopes the kids will vote for him because he is bringing food for the food pantry EVERYDAY, in hopes his class will win the contest.

4. I think I could be in denial about 2nd grade as well. Everytime I think of school I keep saying 1st grade. And wow am I amazed at how vastly different and advanced 2nd grade is compared to when I was in 2nd grade. Unbelievable.

5. The great car seat debacle of 2008 has resolved itself, I am so glad I am a complete weirdo and wanted to install them a month ago when I was 26 weeks. The car is now loaded with 4 appropriately fitting seats and the trunk is loaded with 2 chairs and one double stroller AND I still have room for groceries...I love my car. And no it is not a SUV. Amazing huh?

6. I can't seem to get motivated to put the final wall decor up in the babies room. I think it is the ribbon stressing me. I am unmotivated to attach pretty ribbon to the canvases my husband painted. Of course I can't hang anything else until those canvases are hung so I am stuck.

7. Clothes...I am begining to hate them. How can we possibly have so many? I spent yesterday switching the summer and fall clothes around in BOTH the kids closets...what a feat. And now I will no longer be shopping for a VERY LONG time because they both have more than enough clothes.

8. I can't figure out my bedroom: do I keep it looking nice and just stick the double bassinet next to Aaron where it fits? Or do I move the furniture around making the room look silly and off center to put the bassinet on my side?

9. This morning I decided to finally empty my answering machine of its 43 messages. I apologize if you have tried to call and gotten endless rings.

10. I really am fighting the urge to seriously empty out the attic and go through everything. This is where my husband is probably freaking out and saying WHAT?! I have an intense desire to sort and get rid of stuff up there and shoot while it is all down why not at least set aside the Christmas items I will need in just 6 weeks eh?

11. Did I mention 2 weekends ago I walked out into the garage and saw a vision which I called and asked my husband if he could do it TODAY. He is such a great man because he did. He completely emptied one side of the garage and slatwalled the walls and then hung shelves and moved it all back. We now have soooo much more space and JP has quite the art table. Thank you husband.

12. I wish AJ could survive with less stuff. She has a need to sleep with LOTS of stuffed animals, blankets, and books. You never know when you might want to read in the middle of the night. It does not make it easy however to keep a clean room. Well let me rephrase that...It does not make it easy for a DAD to clean and put away all her things properly. And have I mentioned my lack of motivation in all things that require bending over?

13. My friends rock. They can appreciate the need for all things pretty. Or in this case handsome. Have I mentioned yet how much I love my new twin nursing pillow with its totally cute blue and brown cover! It really gives me the desire to go crazy and cover anything that doesn't move with fun new fabric!

14. My mom. Her excitement and generosity towards these twins is awesome. The woman is a bargain hunter. She literally spends endless time searching for just the right gift for someone. And sneaky. Most of it done right under the person's nose. Once again she nabbed quite the little bargain load of 3-6 month clothes for the boys. She also braved the elements of IKE and sharpened her elbows to attend a mothers of multiples sale with me. She is the coolest.

15. Sunday night dinners. I love eating dinner with my parents on Sunday nights. I love sitting down at the end of the week and eating together all 6 of us. Recently the kids have ended these dinners putting on shows by telling jokes and ghost stories. This past Sunday it was just really special to see my Dad express his gratitude for family as he reminisced at all the dinners eaten at that table....the same table that used to be in his own Mom's house. I look forward to many loud dinners with the twins soon!

Wow if I even have your attention still I think I will just end my thoughts abruptly because I am hungry...

6 comments:

dawn said...

Hang in there, Jen. Don't get rid of things while you are not in your normal state of mind. I did that during my 3rd trimester and regret it now.

Breathe deeply and live with the clutter until you are thinking clearly.

Can't wait to hold those babies!

Jaime said...

Wow! You are ambitious all of the sudden! I get that way sometimes, too. Isn't it so nice when everything is done and dejunked? I love that feeling.
And I must ask--what kind of car do you have? I am in the market for a new one.

Shelley said...

Could you and your hubby switch sides of the bed? I know for some that's just CRAZY talk, didn't know about you guys. Otherwise, I'd say closer is better, I mean there's 2 of them afterall!

Janelle said...

I agree with Dawn. Don't do anything drastic! Take care of yourself right now because it is about to get really crazy!

Love the Sunday family dinner. What a neat tradition for your dad. It is neat to see him tenderhearted.

Pam said...

I love the Sunday dinner thing with your parents! Memories...traditions...love...

My hubby's step-mom started "Chicken Sunday" 2 months before my oldest was born. (15 years ago) every fourth Sunday we go to their house for dinner with his sister and her husband. It has been awesome because, unfortunately sometimes that is the only time we see them for the whole month. But it is nice to know that we all have that day set aside for each other.

Alana said...

Do you feel better now that you got all that out? Sometimes it just helps to do that. Hang in there...you are doing great!