Friday, September 26, 2008

Two Phrases...

photo of 30 weeks

Modified Bedrest


and


No more shopping


*gasp*


Yesterday I had another doctor appointment. Well actually this week I have had 4. The boys are doing great. A weighs 3lbs 5 ounces and is still breech and B weighs 3lbs 7 ounces and is still transverse. I am now 31 weeks. But my cervix has started to open, soften, and shorten. So in high hopes of keeping these babies in until at least Oct 22 the doctor gave me the orders for those two little phrases.


Just a mere 27 days will allow me to deliver here at home with a doctor I really really like. Prior to that I have to deliver in the big city with the perinatologists that I really don't care for. And the nurses...I have come to know most of the nurses at the hospital from our twice weekly monitoring.


My "fun" outings will be kept for the kids sports events where I do get to just sit and watch. Although Janelle you may have to put duck tape over my mouth so I can refrain from the excited screaming at the soccer games!

11 comments:

Lane5 said...

Oh you poor thing!! Well, you will just have to shop from your bed! How are you at shopping online? I hear your mom is pretty good. :-) Well, take it easy, you only have a few more weeks to grow.

i-facilitate said...

I think you will survive...well, maybe. I know how much you and AJ like to shop. I suppose now you get TV and ice cream time, but not too much ice cream. Can't wait to see the twins. I still think we might come home for Thanksgiving so I can see them. BTW this is Bec if you haven't figured out the name change.

Janelle said...

I will bring the duct tape. Some for you and some for me. I have got to be more civilized at those darn games. :)

Actually, I am glad that doc said to take it easy. I know it was hard to hear, but it was time. You go harder than anyone I know. Those babies will thank you!

Jaime said...

Wow, 31 weeks. I had my girls at 31w 5d. That's so crazy.
Take it easy, you're doing great!:)

Seriously? Planning to deliver at home? I can't even imagine...

Celeste said...

You look adorable! Thanks for the updates! I hope you get to deliver where you want to.

Alana said...

Shelly has a point. There is always shopping online ;-)

You're doing great. It won't be long now...

By the way, saw a girl at Target today with two twin babies in a side by side stroller and thought of you. They sure were cute!

Shelley said...

So, in other words...TAKE IT EASY!!! :)

I'm glad you got those orders. If you need any help with AJ during the days, just let me know. Annie would love for her friend to come and play.

And you do look adorable!

Julianne said...

You look amazing! Great job on getting this far. Hang in there, and try to take it easy!! Oh, and by the way - you have such great friends. :)

Sarah Markley said...

wow!!! you look adorable!!!

yeah, take it easy. b/c i'm not sure if you'll be able to after they are born! =)

Darlene R. said...

I would totally take advantage of the "take it easy" orders. You won't have time to do that in a few short weeks!

I am sure the excitement is building!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

NO shopping?! I FEEL for you girlfriend!

Take care of yourself and get to Oct 22nd!