Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Because I am just really that fun....

When I was a kid there was one late night that my sister and I were up with my Dad. Somehow we convinced my Dad to let us dunk our faces in a giant can of pudding. It was the HUGE one you can buy at Warehouse Clubs....vanilla. I will never forget how much fun we had standing in the dimly lit kitchen late at night giggling at the pudding on our faces, all while mom slept just close by. One day recently the memory surfaced and I told JP. Of course he wanted to do it, so we got tubs of whipped topping and dove in. I hope that in 20 years as he is just going about his regular days that the memory of this silly moment makes him laugh. There is really nothing better than a small random thought popping into your head and giving you a smile.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

What a fun memory and a great picture!!

Julianne said...

Jen, I am so happy that YOU GET IT! As a mom, these joyful moments when you abandon your to do list and really focus on your child - your child never forgets them. And you build a bridge in that relationship that LASTS. You are such a fun mom! And that boy...he is a hoot.

Jaime said...

What a fun memory for both of you!:)

i-facilitate said...

I so was just thinking about that day TOO!!! That was alot of fun. I was telling some of our staff here about it as we are going to raise money for a charity and let the student staff pie the professional staff...yes that means I will get pied again!!!

Oh fun times!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

How fun, and how special that he can now have a memory that matches one of your own!

Shelley said...

That is so cool Jen! What a great memory from your childhood, and now!

Heather said...

What a fun mom!!