Friday, February 19, 2010

The 400m High Hurdles...

I can remember with our oldest how exciting every new event was. Encouraging his endeavors. We welcomed with great excitement all his milestones, both big and small.

Then AJ came along and we savoured her smallness. We enjoyed her slower speed and hew quietness. We were excited as she grew on her own schedule.

Now the twins.

*shew*

First let me take a breath of air. Because I always feel as if I am out of breath, until they go to bed.

The twins are good boys. Very great babies, but there are two of them.

Two.

2.

Dos.

Every new milestone with the twins is met with excitement, but it is also met with stress. Just as we get comfortable running the race we have become conditioned to, a new milestone throws a hurdle in.

Wednesday this week we hit another hurdle.

Our precious baby boys finally outgrew their baby carrier car seats.

I knew it was coming, it was only a matter of time. Yet I chose to pretend it wasn't going to happen. I should be thankful it lasted as long as it did. JP was out of his around 9 months, AJ at 12 months, so really I should not be shocked that at 15 months my boys had finally grown out of them.

All of a sudden I am faced with not just one hurdle, but a whole track full of them. I don't remember running the 400m hurdles, but suddenly here I am smack in the middle of the race.

And just like in high school track practice, I will just keep trying until I figure out the right pace to make it over those hurdles successfully.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Hang in there my friend! I do understand this. Austin may only be one child but...well you know. :)