Thursday, March 4, 2010

Grocery Shopping 101...

When the twins were born I had to make a new plan for accomplishing the grocery shopping. The easy thing to do would have been to go alone at night but honestly the second the babies fell asleep, I did too.

So we went with plan B, which was to go when we needed whether I had 1 or 4 kids with me.

Convenient right?

Yea, not so much.

I figured it out though pretty quickly. The system worked well.

Most often I would go with the 3 little ones. That worked nice.

Ocassionally I would go with all 4 kids. That was not so fun, but doable. I would simply request the big kids walk directly to my left and right and that they stay on their sides. This kept any bickering to a minimum. It worked great except when the grocery store was so busy that our airplane shaped configuration would work. At those times I would have to plead with the big kids to walk behind me without bothering each other.

I could never have them walk in front of the cart because then I would run them over, since I couldn't see over the babies.

Then came the problem of trying to fit enough groceries for six stuffed in and around the babies car seats.

We were always a spectacle at the grocery store.

And my babies were always blissfully pleasant throughout the whole shopping trip, until we got to the checkout. Why oh why do they always find the need to start crying at the checkout. And why is it 98 degrees up there?




15 1/2 months
Big Guy buried on the bottom, Little Guy on the top


Big Guy on the bottom, Little Guy on the top

Now my boys have graduated from their baby seats and we have to learn a whole new way of grocery shopping.

I got 15 glorious months out of the old system of grocery shopping. It will be interesting to see how long I get out of the new system.



Big Guy on the left, Little Guy on the right

Little Guy on the left, Big Guy on the right





3 comments:

Shelley said...

They look so cute sitting together in the front!

Alana said...

I love the pics of them in the cart with all the groceries! Classic.

Heather said...

I love it! See, not only are you a great mommy who is creative, you also take time to capture it. Love that! I can't believe I have never run into you in the store - love how they are all tucked in there amongst the goods. :)