Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Ahead...

The Question of the week over at Multiples and More is:

What are you tips/tricks for handling daylight savings time?

First of all let me say that time changes that involves losing an hour of sleep should be illegal for parents of multiples! Especially in that first year. Last year was a rough time change for us, what with feeding every two hours.

Seriously though...We are installing a room darkening shade on our twin's window. They have a large bay window. That will hopefully allow them to still go to bed between 6:30-7:00, although it is still light out.

As I type the spring ahead is working for me because all 4 kids are still sleeping and it is 9:30.

9:30.

Cue the harps and angels singing.

Nap time will still occur around the normal time of noon-4pm, but we will tweak it a bit for a few days like 1pm-4pm. Then we will slowly edge back to the noon.

For my preschool and school aged kids I really have no worries because it is SPRING BREAK! How smart is my school district?

Brilliant.


Little Guy


Big Guy

2 comments:

Alana said...

We used room darkening shades with both of our kids. Lifesavers!!

Celeste said...

I may not have popped out multiple kids at once, but I still think that daylight savings time should be illegal!