Monday, April 5, 2010

UN-Friending...

Today I am making an executive decision regarding my FB 'friends' list.

I will be UN-friending some people.

There are a few people on my friend list that choose to use language that I just don't find appropriate.

I know I know...I could just "hide" these people and avoid hurting feelings.

That just doesn't seem right to me.

In our home the computer is not something that is to be used in private. Meaning I should not have to worry about what I am doing or reading on the computer if my five or nine year old walks up and reads over my shoulder.

Or what if I accidently leave myself logged in and my computer savvy son hops on and checks out my FB.

So to me it makes sense to just UN-friend these people.

4 comments:

Julianne said...

You go, girl! I usually just 'hide' them, but I see you have a very valid point. Life is too short to read the negative stuff when you log onto Facebook!

Julianne said...

You go, girl! I usually just 'hide' them, but I see you have a very valid point. Life is too short to read the negative stuff when you log onto Facebook!

Janelle said...

Good job momma!!

And big AMEN to Julianne's comment!

Shelley said...

You have a very good point about the kids seeing things. Ellie reads over my shoulder half the time I'm on FB! Good for you!