Monday, December 20, 2010

A Christmas to Remember...

I absolutely love to open my home to others at Christmas. I begin decorating November 1st and never take the tree down before Jan 3.

One of my favorite traditions is opening my home to our closest friends for a Christmas party.

This year I wanted to do a traditional sit down meal. I asked everyone to bring a favorite family recipe to add to the turkey and ham I prepared.

What a meal it was! We had Green Bean Casserole from Chris and Michelle. Skip and Janelle made her famous potato casserole. I literally dream about that dish. Rich and Alana brought the much anticipated Sugar Cream Pie...yum! Shelley impressed us all with her mad homemade cinnamon roll skillz! I made the traditional Jello Mold and then a new recipe for grape & walnut salad. We also had rolls and hot bacon dip. It was delightful!

It was so awesome to sit down and share a meal and conversation with these great gals. So glad we all met waaay back in those early MOPS days!




2 comments:

Alana said...

It was a great night! Thanks again for hosting!

Shelley said...

It was great! Thanks SO much!