Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun Food Friday...

I made the mistake with my first kiddos to not have a broad menu when they were little, which resulted in some picky eaters.

JP is older and more open to trying new things, but AJ is still pretty set in her ways. We did just have a victory with pasta, which delights me immensely!

So I was thinking I would try to post a Fun Food idea every Friday. It may be healthy, convenient, or just a fun take on an old standby, or maybe even all of the above.

Enjoy!



Octopus served on a bed of sea weed

Or maybe a hot dog with mac n cheese.
While your boiling your noodles drop a hot dog that you have sliced 'legs' into about 3/4 of the way up in to the water. The boiling will curl the legs up.
When noodles are done, drain and prepare as the package directs.
Set your octopus on top the macaroni and add some eyes. Then serve to your children and listen for the delightful squeals.
Note my boys are little so I half a hot dog and then cut legs and boil.
*caution serving hot dog to the under 3 set as it is a choking hazard.

No comments: