Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fun is my middle name...

When I was a little kid, I asked my Dad what his middle name was.

He told me it was GREAT.

David Great _______.

I believed him for years. I suppose because he truly is a GREAT man, so why wouldn't that be his name.

Then at some point I realized the truth, but continued telling people his middle name was Great.

It was quite some time after Aaron and I were married that he realized my Dad was not truly, David Great ________.

So I suppose if my kids asked me my middle name I could joke that it is FUN.

I am pretty sure that the kids would agree that mom is really just a big kid. I enjoy having a good time just like they do and I am not afraid to jump into the wrestle pile with my quad.

I hope they will always remember that Mom took the time away from other things, like cleaning or laundry, to get down on their level and play.

Even when I get entirely goofy, silly, or maybe even just a wee bit competitve...


'AJ you may be 6, but you are going down!'

'Score!'




3 comments:

Alana said...

Jen, take it easy on poor little Avery! :-) Cute pics!

Janelle said...

I didn't know that about your dad. That's sweet.

I would agree. You are a fun mom, always going the extra mile to make good memories.

I wish I could have some energy!

Shelley said...

You are definitely fun!