Sunday, January 9, 2011

I made that...

As a child, one of the most exciting things was the 12 days of Christmas stockings.

A tradition started by my Grandma, I believe. She would fill the tiny stockings with small trinkets for my sister and I to count down the days till Christmas.

Once I had JP, my mom continued the tradition by filling the stockings for him.

Unfortunately the old stockings are old, tiny, and quite fragile. My mom made a temporary fix with some stockings, a ribbon, and some safety pins. It worked well for several years, but now that I have FOUR children the stockings were just too small.

I saw these adorable stockings at Target for just $2. I just love these fun vibrant colors! When I saw them I just knew I had to have them, lucky for me Aaron had just brought home a giftcard that he was willing to let me use.

I bought 12 of the stockings and then spaced them equally. I attached them to grosgrain ribbon with large chunky buttons.

We like to hang the 12 days of Christmas stockings down our stairwell, so to make it more manageable I divided the stockings into 2 sections.

I then attached the stockings sections to the banister with more colorful ribbons.

It took about 2 hours to finish the project.

Enjoy!





2 comments:

DeAnna Sheets said...

I love this idea and will have to start it with my family! So I am assuming you start it 12 days before Christmas....or do they get a final gift on Christmas day?

Alana said...

I like this idea, too. What kinds of things do you put in the stockings?