Saturday, January 1, 2011

Slowing Down...

One thing I have noticed as I have perused FB is that many people are elated to have 2010 behind them.

I am not sure why this bothers me, but it does. Why is everyone in such a hurry to 'get another day done'.

It would be different if these same people were excited to complete another day because that leads them one day closer to Jesus, but unfortunately I fear that is not the case.

We should be thankful for each and every single day the Lord gives us, good or bad. We should slow down and appreciate all we have, knowing that the stranger next to us may not be as fortunate.

We should live each day to its fullest and cherish these special memories we are making with our loved ones.

2 comments:

Alana said...

Maybe they are wanting a fresh start? I agree, though, we need to be grateful and thankful for each day the Lord blesses us with!

Janelle said...

I have been thinking a lot about this since I read it yesterday. At first I didn't agree thinking 2010 is better off in the toilet. But saying that would be unfair to the Creator of my days. Each day is a gift and we have NO guarantee for tomorrow. Life changes in an instant. Thanks for the reminder!