Friday, February 11, 2011

Fun Food Friday...

One of my favorite things to do is to have breakfast for dinner.

The kids always think this is a fun crazy thing to do.

Pancakes are always a huge hit.

The trick for me is to not only prepare the pancakes for dinner, but to also freeze some for breakfast mornings.

What you say...you can freeze them?

Yup!

I make an ENTIRE box of pancakes, which takes right at 1 hour start to finish, with my large electric griddle.

Once everyone eats what they want for dinner and the extras have cooled, I put 3 pancakes per ziploc and freeze them.

When we are in a rush in the morning and Ms. AJ says, "I want pancakes."

I say, "No problem!" I grab a bag out and place it on a plate and cook a stack of 3 frozen pancakes for 1 minute.

They taste perfectly fresh and I save a ton of money.


photo from August 2009, AJ's pancakes and pj's party

No comments: