Thursday, May 5, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week...

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week.

I cannot think of a better way to honor such a special group of people than a week long celebration.

Both of my kids have amazing teachers.  Women who have dedicated their lives to teaching others.  I hate that my kids spend 8 hours away from me each day, but I could not have personally chosen better teachers to be modeling the values and character I love.

I spent much of yesterday covered in flour from head to toe.  I made my favorite sugar cookie recipe and bagged each cookie individually.  Then we put them in an adorable tin bucket.  The kids each made handmade labels that stated, "You are a STAR teacher!"

It is not an expensive gift, just time consuming.  My little extra time and effort is worth it for all the love and knowledge those gals give my kids.




1 comment:

MarytheKay said...

ADORABLE!!! What a wonderful idea!