Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July Quick Dessert...


Heading out to a potluck for the 4th of July?

Need a quick eye catchy dessert?

How about this...



These are so quick and easy and sure to please many!

4th of July Strawberries
strawberries with stems
melting chocolate or almond bark
blue sprinkles

Melt chocolate in the microwave according to your cooking guide, do not overcook.  Take cold washed strawberries and dip into the white chocolate leaving some red showing.  I then wiped a smidge of the end of the strawberry off, so there was not a ridiculous amount of chocolate.  I did that simply by brushing the strawberry against a spoon after I dipped.  Now dip the dipped strawberry into blue sprinkles, leaving some white showing.  I left mine to harden on a wire rack for a couple minutes.  Then I put them in the refrigerator until it was time to go.

Enjoy!

2 comments: