Monday, March 25, 2013

Pizza Bread...

It is rare to find a meal that my whole family of six will actually eat.

As rare as a boy putting the toilet seat down.

I am talking rare.

So imagine my delight when my Dad reports to me that ALL four of my kiddos devoured a dish he created!

The recipe is crazy simple, so simple that the children can prepare it while I sit with my feet propped up reading a magazine.

Ok. Ok. A girl can dream right?

My 8 and 11 year olds are fully capable of preparing these without assistance.

PIZZA BREAD
Loaf of Sliced French Bread
Small Can Tomato Sauce
Shredded Cheese 8oz
Pepperoni Slices, diced (optional)

Spray a pan lightly with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350. Arrange sliced bread on pan. Add 1 small spoonful of tomato sauce to each slice of bread. Add diced pepperoni. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes or till cheese is melted. Do not bake too long, you want bread to be soft.

*i add a teaspoon of Italian seasonings to my sauce. The whole loaf feeds my family of 6 when we add a fruit and veggie to the meal. Save money by buying the reduced sale bread and freezing it. Pull loaf out when ready, you can cook from frozen.





No comments: